What times do you deliver and collect the bouncy castle?
Generally we do all our deliveries in the morning between 8am – 12noon, and start collecting them in again from 6pm. We find that these times suit most people, as parties are generally in the afternoon. It just depends how busy we are, and what areas we are covering, as to what time to get to each house. However, if your party is starting earlier, or going on a bit later, we are happy to discuss delivery and collection times to suit your party times.
How much space is needed for a bouncy castle?
Ideally, you need about a 2ft gap each side of the castle, this leaves us enough room to stake it down. Behind the castle, you need about a 4ft gap as this is where the fan has to go. In front of the castle you need to make sure you have a clear area so children can get on and off safely, about a 6ft gap minimum.
How much space is needed for an Obstacle Course or Slide?
Our Obstacle Courses measure 36ft long by 9-10ft wide. We ask for an area of about 40ft long by 15ft wide and this leaves sufficient room for the children to get on and off each end safely and room for us to stake it down. The Slides measure 25ft long by 9ft wide and we ask for a minimum of 35ft long by 15ft wide.
Can the inflatable go on a patio or concrete?
Possibly. We secure the inflatables down with heavy duty stakes, so ideally we need a grass area to put them on. However, if you have a patio or hard standing area, which is flush to the grass or a flower bed, we may be able to stake it in there. Please discuss this with us at time of booking.
Is there anything I need to do?
No, we do all the heavy work so you can get on with preparations for your party. All we ask is that, before we arrive, you clear a passageway for us to pull the trolley through with the bouncy castle on (minimum 3ft gap). Make sure you have left enough room for us to get pass any parked cars on the driveway, we don’t want to scrape pass your pride and joy, and that you have cleared a big enough space in the garden where you want us to put the castle, ie, cleared the area of any animal mess, sharp objects or any other debris.
Do I need to supply anything?
All we need from you is a plug socket to plug in our extension lead. We carry 25 and 40 metre extension leads on the van, (that’s about 75ft and 120ft in old money!). Please let us know at time of booking if the inflatable will be further away from an electric point than that, as you may need a petrol fan or generator which we can supply at a little extra cost.
How long does it take to set up the inflatable?
On average it takes about 15-20 minutes in total to deliver and set up a bouncy castle or slide, and about 25-35 minutes for an obstacle course, this is assuming we have good access and the area where the inflatable is going has been cleared.
Do you have insurance?
Yes. We have £5million Public Liability insurance. This covers you when we are delivering/collecting the inflatable, setting up and pulling down, if the unfortunate was to happen and we should damage any of your property, you have peace of mind that you can claim off our insurance. But rest assured – we are professional in our approach, and take every care and have never had a claim yet. Once the castle is erected, we will run through a few basic safety checks, pointing out any risk areas and ask you to sign a copy of our terms and safety procedures. Once we have left the site, the supervision of the inflatable and it’s users is down to the hirer.
Can I take out my own insurance against accidents?
In most cases, your own domestic house insurance will already cover you for the bouncy castle and it’s users. If this is something you are worried about, call your insurance company and discuss this with them. If you are not covered already, they may be able to issue you with a short term policy to cover the party for a small fee!
What if it’s raining on the day?
Rock It offers a Wet Weather Guarantee. Regrettably we can’t control the good ol’ British weather, therefore if the forecast is looking bad for the day of your party and you want to cancel, call as soon as possible and there is nothing to pay – we can’t say fairer than that! If you do decide to go ahead with the hire, we have to advise you not to use the castle in the rain as the pvc becomes very slippery when wet, however, as soon as it stops raining, dry it off with an old towel and you’re ready to go again.
Can adults go on the inflatables?
Sorry NO! Firstly, we do not have insurance for adults so they would not be covered if anything was to happen. Secondly, adult bouncy castles are made differently with deeper beds and higher walls to accommodate adults or “big kids”. If adults use our inflatables and they get damaged, it is the responsibility of the hirer to pay for any repairs or replacments, so please – NO ADULTS!
Hire Agreement/Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. Rock It Inflatables accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to persons or their property during the hire of the equipment, unless if is proved beyond reasonable doubt that the company is at fault.
2. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment is fully supervised by an adult at ALL TIMES.
3. NO persons over the age of 16 are permitted on the equipment.
4. NO persons under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substance are allowed on the equipment.
5. NO shoes, food, drink, pets, toys and/or sharp implements are permitted on or near the inflatable, safety mats and/or equipment.
6. NO silly string, streamers, party poppers or similar on or near the inflatable/equipment. These such products contain stain, and are difficult to remove. The cost of cleaning/repair will be charged to the hirer at £30 per hour plus costs.
7. NO water and/or hosepipes are permitted on the equipment
8. NO claiming on the sides, roof or supporting beams of the inflatable/equipment
9. NO jumping or somersaults from the top/platforms. Slides are to be used by sliding down feet first only.
10. Do NOT allow users on the inflatable at the time of inflation or deflation.
11. Do NOT allow any heat/fire sources including cigarettes, BBQ’s, fires, heaters etc, near the inflatable/equipment.
12. Do NOT move the inflatable from the position it is erected once the company representative has left the premises.
13. The inflatable/equipment must not be operated/used in heavy rain or windy conditions
14. Keep children clear of all electrical connections, fan unit and extension leads. In the event of petrol fans being used, please ensure that a safety barrier is erected at all times around the fan.
15. When re-fuelling the fan, remove all persons from the equipment, deflate and refuel with utmost care and attention.
16. It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure the blower unit is not obstructed with any material or objects that covers the airflow inlet.
17. Check periodically that the castle is securely tied to the fan with the rope/fastening provided, and the stakes or anchor points are still securing the castle to the ground. If at all in doubt – do not use the inflatable.
18. Ensure safety mats are in the correct position at the entrance and exit points of the inflatable at all times.
19. The inflatable will be supplied to the hirer in a clean condition and it is the hirers responsibility to have the inflatable in the same condition at time of collection. Failure to do so will result in the company charging the hirer at £30 per hour to clean the inflatable.
20. It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that an adequate and safe 240V AC mains supply is available at time of delivery.
21. The hirer agrees to pay the full cost of repair, including carriage to and from the manufacturer, for any damage caused to the inflatable/equipment, whether malicious or accidental, whether by human, animal or other, other than wear and tear.